Saturday, March 21, 2015

Shirt blouse

After Christmas holiday we started with shirt blouses. My client was my classmate and she didn't want a shirt but a dress.

Here's the design of the dress: the fabric was light pink with stripes, the peter pan collar, a princess seam,' rekko', short sleeves and circle hem.

Just like with every work, with this as well, we started with basic patterns and then with the personal pattern drafting in quarter scale.

And when that was done it was time to do the same in right size.


With these you make the sewing patterns.

I'm really pleased how well I managed to arrange the patterns on the fabric. When you have a patterned fabric you have to pay more attention how you do it so that the pattern continues symmetrically. Last time with the skirt I did something wrong but this time, everything went perfectly~


First you sew the pieces together with long stitches and then try it on your client.

After trying it on I made the needed changes and started to sew with short stitches. Looking good!

Almost there.

The buttons we choose with the client. Those are so cute ( ˘ ³˘)

 And it's finished!


There were a lot of new things for example the collar, buttons, the princess seams, the 'rekko' etc. so it took quite a lot of time to finish. But those weren't difficult, actually I'm quite surprised how easy the whole process was. If something caused me troubles it was those princess seams :D

But that was it! I really love this dress, it's so pretty and cute~ Someday I'll make one for myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment