Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hello again!

Summer holiday has ended meaning we are back to school! This time we are making trousers.

I have to apologise for the lack of photos. Seems like I was still in holiday mood and totally forgot to take pictures of the progress ^^;

I found this picture from last years magazine. What a good coincidence, these are almost exactly what my client wanted! (sorry for the quality)

Making a basic trousers aren't that difficult. But when you have to make ones that fits perfectly to your client whose body happens to be a little... challenging(?) it gets difficult.

I had to make a lot of adjustments to my patterns and make the practise trousers few time because they just didn't fit well. But all that painstaking changes were worth it. When I got the patterns perfected the rest of the work wasn't that hard.

The finished product!



The zipper turned out to be much easier to sew than what I first thought. Also the pockets weren't that hard to make. The waist, in the other hand, caused more problems than what I wanted to admit. But luckily those were solved pretty fast, with few changes, of course.

There are things I'm not quite pleased with. Seams don't match or stitch aren't that neat in some parts, but all in all, I'm happy with the outcome (as is my client).









No comments:

Post a Comment