Saturday, May 7, 2016

Spring jacket~

After Christmas break we started with our second last works, jackets. My client was my classmate and she had this clear image what kind of jacket she wanted. The jacket was really delicate and almost like a dress.
First I was a bit terrified how complicated it would be. But when I realized it wasn't that difficult, I was thrilled about it and couldn't wait to start.


She wanted princess seams, double-breasted (two rows of buttons), pleats on the hem, belt, pockets and shawl collar.


We fitted the basic patterns and made few changes until I could start drafting.



The fabric is so beautiful! It was a pleasure to work on the jacket when the fabric was this pretty~




I had to fit the jacket few times and make some changes (mostly on the top) before it was fitting.

The sleeves, on the other hand, weren't that easy. They required much more fittings and changes until we were satisfied.


Pockets and belt.

  
I had to make new patterns for the lining and it took more time than I thought. But sewing the lining was really fast!





Finished ! And it's so pretty (*´∀`*)



I'm so pleased with this jacket. And it's even prettier on the client. I'll post more pictures of the finished product when I have time ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment