Saturday, May 7, 2016

Internship at JKL Juhla-Asu

This internship was from Oct. 19th to Nov. 13th meaning it was quite a long time ago ^^;
My excuse for posting so late is that I just haven't had time.. Yes, a lame excuse but it's the truth! :D

Jyväskylä's Juhla-Asu (Jyväkylä's evening dress?) is a shop that mainly rents evening dresses for women and white ties to men. They make the needed adjustments to the dresses and suits and sometimes even make some of them from scratch (really really really seldom).


The atmosphere was really warm and cozy, the place was small and all my co-workers were really nice~ One of them is actually my old neighbour from my home town!



Some of the works I did.
The hem needed to be shortened

There used to be a zipper but the client wanted it to be more like a corset.



This red dress needed a tulle on the hem.
Before



 After

And the last work I did was this dumbo. The green one was from the store and the
 purple ones were made by me and my sister.


I really liked this internship. I learned so much, not only about dresses and how women should dress for a party/occasion/celebration but also how men should dress. Men's clothing is not part of our studies so it was nice to learn something from that as well.

I also liked how much different kind of tasks we had; custom service, sewing (dresses, vests, corsets, skirts etc.), mesuring even cleaning. You always had something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment