Friday, October 23, 2015

Corset vest with halterneck

Corsets were not part of the curriculum but because our teacher wanted us to learn to do one, it was added in. Which I'm really glad about :D

We made ones for ourselves and we could choose what ever we wanted. Time, though, was limited. Only one to two weeks and if you couldn't finish it on that time, you'd have to make it on your free time.

I'm not the kind of person who wears a corset so I thought it might be a little difficult to choose what to make. But then I stumbled across a pictures of corset vests and I knew what I wanted! I have had plans to buy a vest for a while now but instead of buying I could make one.

And here's few pictures

Making the patterns


Arranging the patterns on the fabric. Yet again I needed to pay more attention to this so that the pattern would continue symmetrically.


 Then it was mostly just sewing, sewing and more sewing :)




Then I don't have more photos of the progress......

With the pieces together, I only needed to put in the bones, sew the buttons and the edges, put grommet and string. Then it would be finished!

From the back


 and front


I don't have words to describe how much I love this! It's absolutely perfect (ฅ* 0 *ฅ)

Of course there are things I could have done better but hey I like it :D



No comments:

Post a Comment